Governor Obaseki Kicks Off Edo State Government Strategy Dialogue, 8th December 2016
….tasks workshop on six thematic areas.
In the course of this workshop we shall be working on six thematic areas that are key pillars for the achievement of our goals. These thematic areas are;
1) Economic Revolution,
2) Infrastructural Develoment,
3) Institutional Reforms,
4) Social Welfare Enhancement,
5) Environmental Sustainability and
6) Culture and Tourism.
1. ECONOMIC REVOLUTION ;
• The need for the establishment of Edo State Investment Bureau.
• Investors Engagement Strategy.
• Strategic Plan for Creating 200,000 jobs or more in 4 years.
• Strategies for encouraging the creation of more SMEs and how to make them sustainable catalyst for Economic Growth.
• How can we make Edo the Industrial Hub of Nigeria via Agro business and the extractive industry
• Electricity Generation; challenges and way forward.
• Foreign Private Portfolio Investment
• Foreign Direct Investments.
2. INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT;
• Roads and Drainages.
• Land Use and Land management.
• Transportation and traffic management
• I C T
• New Town Development.
3. INSTITUTIONAL REFORMS
• Civil service reforms.
• Judicial reforms and Rule of Law.
• Public Safety and Security.
4. SOCIAL WELFARE ENHANCEMENT
• Support for the vulnerable.
5. ENVIROMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
• Waste management and sewage disposal.
• Urgent need to eradicate Open Defecation in our rural areas.
• Access to clean water.
• Beautification, Green areas and Public Parks
• Sustainable Environmental management in the face of Global warming.
6. CULTURE AND TOURISM;
• The need to attract more tourists to Edo State and generate more revenue
• The need to preserve our rich culture and leverage on it for job creation