The Ministry of Justice is a statutory organ of Government, which is charged with the following functions:
- The administration of Justice in Edo State, excluding the exercise of judicial power by the Court.
- Rendering of legal advice to the Government and Government establishment.
- Drafting of Executive Bills.
- Revision of existing Laws.
- Determination of Criminal and Civil Law Policy.
- Representing Government in Civil and Criminal proceedings in court.
- Administration of Estates and Public Trusts.
- Law reporting.
- Drafting of agreement s entered into by the Government of its agencies with private individuals, firms, and companies.