You are hereHospitals Management Board
Hospitals Management Board
ABOUT US BOARD FUNTIONS CONTACT
MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE /FUNCTIONS OF BOARD
Although the Hospitals Management Board is self accounting, its activities are closely supervised by the Ministry of Health. Presently, it has a five (5) Member Board Directors headed by Sir (Dr.) John Ebima Ogbeide (JP) as Chairman. The Board is mainly responsible for policy matters. There is a Permanent Secretary who is the Chief Executive.
The Board has a Thirteen Department structure (as shown in attached organorgram). There is also a Secretary to the Board/Head of Administration, a Chief Consultant Board/Director of Clinical Services who are directly responsible to the office of the Permanent Secretary. Similarly, the Directors of Information and Internal Audit are directly responsible to the office of the Permanent Secretary/Chief Executive via the office of the Secretary/Head of Administration.
FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD
The Board is responsible for the effective management of the 34 State Government owned Hospitals in the State. The functions therefore include:
(a) To administer, control and manage all Hospital established, maintained or controlled by the Government;
(b) To ensure that the standard of health care provided in hospitals controlled by it are of the highest standard;
(c) To purchase and supply stores, hospital equipment, drugs and dressings, subject to limits as approved by the Appropriate Authority. The Board shall purchase and derive its drugs and dressings from the Edo State Essential Drugs Programme;
(d) To repair and maintain its buildings and other structures subject to the approval of the appropriate authority;
(e) To supply food to patients on admission in hospitals.
For effective administrative purposes, the 34 Hospitals are grouped into 12 Medical Zones headed by Zonal Medical Directors or Medical Directors.
SOME ACTIVITIES OF THE BOARD IN THE YEAR 2010
On January 1st 2010, the wife of the Deputy Governor Deaconess Edurance Odubu, representative of the First Lady, Mrs. Clara Oshiomhole was at Central Hospital Benin City to present gifts to the Hospital's New Year 2010 Baby and other in-patients.
2. The Inauguration of new Board Members by the Edo State Government on 25/5/2010. The Members are:
|(i) Sir, Dr. John Ebima Ogbeide (JP)||CHAIRMAN|
|(ii) Dr. Irekpono D. Omoike||PERMANENT SECRETARY/CHIEF EXECUTIVE|
|(iii) Mr. Andrew O. Agbonamegbe||Member|
|(iv) Dr. Tom Oyasor Asekhauno||Member|
|(v) Mallam Ahmed Aliu||Member|
|(vi) Mr. Daniel Ibharogam||Member|
|(vii) Dr. (Mrs.) Helen L. Eboreime||Representative of the Secretary, Member Ministry of Health|
|(viii) Mr.Benjamin Oriafo||Ag.Secretary /Head of Administration, Member.|
3. The Permanent Secretary/Chief Executive of the Board, Dr. LD. Omoike held a consultative meeting with the Hospital's Management Committee of the Central Hospital, Benin City.
4. The Permanent Secretary/Chief Executive Dr. LD. Omoike paid a working visit to Stella Obasanjo Women and Children Hospital on th of June, 2010.
5. The Permanent Secretary/Chief Executive of the Board Dr. LD. Omoike paid a working visit to General Hospital Abudu, on 1th June, 2010.
6. The Chairman of the Board Dr. lE. Ogbeide and Members paid courtesy visit to Commissioner for Health, Dr. Moses Momoh on 21st June, 2010
7. The Board's Chairman Dr J.E. Ogbeide visits Central Hospital, Benin City on 28th June, 2010.
8. Familiarization tour to Government Hospitals in the State by Chairman and Members:
Monday 21st June 2010
General Hospitai, Iguobazuwa
Usen District Hospital, Ekiadolor
Tuesday 22nd June,2010
Specialist Hospital, Ossiomo
General Hospital, Abudu
Government Hospital, Igbanken
Government Hospital, Urhonigbe
SPDC (Funded) Cottage Hospital, Oben
Cottage Hospital, Egbokor
Wednesday 23rd June, 2010
District Hospital, Egba
Government Hospital, lruekpen
General Hospital, Ekpoma
District Hospital, Usugbenu
District Hospital, Ewu
Government Hospital, Agbede
Central Hospital, Auchi
Tuesday 29th June, 2010
General Hospital, Agenebode
Wednesday 30th June, 2010
General Hospital, Igarra
Government Hospital, Ibillo
District Hospital, Uneme-Osu
Thursday 1st July 2010
Tuesday 6th July, 2010
Central Hospital, Uromi
Wednesday ih July, 2010
Central Hospital, Benin City
District Hospital, Obayantor
Stella Obasanjo Women & Children Hospital, Benin City
Edo Laundry, Benin City
Medical Stores, Benin City.
9. The State Government recently embarked on a comprehensive renovation of the children's wards and clinics at the Central Hospital, Benin City. The project is being done by the Rapid Response Agency of the State to improve quality of care for children.
10. The Board recently took delivery of various types of hospital equipment to all State Hospitals. The equipment include state of the art anaesthetic machines, ventilators, theatre operating tables, incubators baby resuscitations and other sundry hospital, laboratory ophthalmic and ward equipments.
11. The Board also took delivery of six new Ambulances in two batches and distributed to Hospitals in the State.
12. The Permanent Secretary/Chief Executive, Dr. I.U Omoike, has had interactive sections with staff, aimed at improved performance and quality services in the Hospitals. This is a key issue in the strategic plan as quality improvement takes center stage in the Board.
13. The State Government has embarked on renovation of staff quarters in Government Hospitals in the State. The rationale behind this, is to ensure that Doctors, Nurses, Ambulance Drivers and other staff live within hospital premises, to ensure quick access to health care. This will ultimately enhance effectiveness in health care delivery.
14. The State Government is currently negotiating the implementation with the relevant Unions, on the implementation of the new salary structure (COMESS and COHESS).
15. The State Government has awarded contract for the construction of a five star ward complex and a modem casualty and emergency unit in Central Hospital Benin. This is designed to commence a phased comprehensive rehabilitation of the old Central Hospital to enable the Hospital meet today's needs and demands on the Hospital.
Contact Address: Edo State Hospitals Management Board
King Square, Bye the State House of Assembly
|HOSPITALS MANAGEMENT BOARD ORGANOGRAM||499.5 KB|