MINERAL RESOURCES OF EDO STATE
INDUSTRIES IN EDO STATE
Government’s Industrial Policy Privatisation Privatisation: Edo State Government retains not more than 20% share holding in any of its commercially oriented enterprises.
Establishing Industrial Estates: Edo State Government allocates plots therein to private investors (both Local and Foreign).
Preparing and making available to entrepreneurs feasibility studies and project profiles.
Encouraging in entrepreneurship development and embarking upon skills acquisition programmes for youths.
Providing soft loans to unemployed and self-employed university graduates as well as assisting investors in the establishment of Small and Medium Scale 3nterprises
Providing loan to industrialists through the loan guarantee scheme.
The current policy of Edo State Government is to create the enabling environment for private entrepreneurship to thrive. This policy is occasioned by the recent political and trade liberalization programmes at the Federal level. Our success in the transition to civil rule offers great hope for private investments, as the State has the capacity to support major manufacturing and service industries such as:
a) MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES
* Agric and Agro-Allied Industries
* Glass Industries
* Sheet Glass
* Table Glass ware
* Petro-Chemical Industries
* Fertilizer Plant
* Bitumen Processing Plant
* Paints and Pharmaceutical Company
* Manufacturing of Drugs
* Research Plants for Local Herbs
* Rubber Industries
* Motor Tyre Plant
* Crumb Rubber Production
* Plastic Production
- b) SERVICS INDUSTRIES
* Waste to Wealth Company
* Collection of refuse
* Establishment of dumping sites
* Establishment of incinerators
* Conversion of waste to gasoline
* Electricity Supply Company
- Power Generation
* Public Transportation Company
* Hotels and Tourism Development Company
* Major River Tourism Resorts
* Theme Parks and Theatres in the urban centres of Delta State
* Tour operating companies with air, river and road transport services
* Hotels of International standard * Public Housing Projects/Company
* Health Care Facilities and Equipment Company.
* Manufacturing of syringes
* Manufacturing of basic medical equipment
* Educational/Health Institutions
* Communication Company
MAJOR AREAS OF INVESTMENT
Edo State is seeking active partnership with private investors in order to harness her abundant human and material resources in the following areas:
Palm Oil Processing Oil Palm: Available throughout the State but under-utilized. Processed products in high demand both for domestic consumption and industrial use.
Wood Products Timber: (Hard Tropical Wood) Available in most parts of the State.
Rubber Products Latex: High demand for this product. Rubber trees thrive in all parts of the state Domestic use of Rubber is low. There is much scope for expansion in this industry and diversification towards finished products.
Fruit Juice eg pineapples, citruses, mangoes, cashew, pear, irvingia Assorted Fruits: Grown throughout the state. Production large enough to sustain a major fruit juice Industry